Criteria By Sector
- Florida’s Reedy Creek Dissolution Bill Heightens Bondholder Uncertainty
- FI Outlooks Continue Stabilising in 1Q22 Amid Negative Actions
- DM Banks Face Profit Challenges After Bounce-Back from Pandemic
- Shipping Fragmentation, Importance Deprioritise Decarbonisation
- Stagflation Could Push US Leveraged Finance Default Rates to 5%
Rating Criteria explains our forward-looking ratings approach. Criteria reports identify rating drivers and assumptions, and highlight the scope and limitations of our analysis.
Select your preference on the right to explore Fitch's criteria reports by Sector or Region.
Master Criteria describe the basic foundation for our ratings within a sector.
Criteria Complements are referenced in the Insurance Rating Criteria, and constitute criteria outputs.
Cross-Sector Criteria explain Fitch’s approach to topics that relate to multiple areas or audiences.
Sector-Specific Criteria describe Fitch’s analytical approach for individual sectors, and address specific credit factors. Criteria is applied consistently, making Fitch's ratings comparable across global financial markets. We link to the Criteria Reports used to assign a particular rating at the bottom of every Rating Action Commentary.